Based in San Francisco, California USA
PC/Mac: September 27, 2016 - iOS/Android: Q2 2017
|$14.99 USD (PC/Mac), TBD (Mobile)|
The Council oversees the elam families, aristocrats who are descended from the first humans in Rilfanor, and the banlits, who were originally people born without magical abilities. The Guild has never admitted banlits because of their lack of magical capacity; and they've never admitted women because they believed women were too weak-minded to control such power. Now, many generations later, the elam magic is weakening, and latent magic talent has reappeared among the banlit population. Many of the elam are in denial, but some of them want to take the radical step of allowing banlits, including women, into the Guild.
Spellbind Studios is an independent game studio founded in San Francisco California back in 2013 by its sole member Colin Day, who is the driving force behind Rogue Wizards handling all coding, design, art direction, and business elements himself. Originaly bootstrapped from his personal savings, Colin successfully completed a $70,000 Kickstarter for Rogue Wizards in 2014 which provided funds to enlist the help of a few part time artists for a short periods of time during 2015 and eventually leading to a partership with Phil Shenk for the final artwork in 2016. In 2015 Rogue Wizards won a "Best in Play 2015" award at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
- 30+ monsters, each with a unique ability
- 18 upgradable spells across six schools of magic
- Eight bosses to defeat and rid the Wizard Council of corruption
- Four pets and several NPCs to aid in the dungeons
- Hundreds of powerful items with randomized enchantment combinations
- Randomly generated dungeons
- Story mode where death is forgiving on normal difficuly
- Gauntlet mode with progressively harder dungeons and perma-death
- A narrative with a core message of gender and class equality
- A town sanctuary with unlockable and upgradable structures
- Fast turn based combat
- Visually striking tile animated line of sight system
Logo & Icon
- "A very lovely, well designed dungeon crawling RPG"
- John Walker: Rock Paper Shotgun,
- "A smart blend of town-building and dungeon-crawling to create one of the most promising RPGs in years."
- Dave Brevik: CEO Gazillion Entertainment, Creator of Diablo Series, Marvel Heroes,
- "Spellbind's Rogue Wizards is taking procedural roguelikes in an exciting and thoroughly charming direction."
- Mike Booth: Game Director at Blizzard Entertainment, Creator and Designer of Nox and Left 4 Dead, Founder of Turtle Rock Studios.,
- "Spellbind is making exactly the kind of game I would make for mobile & desktop. I'm jealous, and I want to play!"
- Erich Schaefer: President Double Damage Games, Designer Diablo 1 & 2, Torchlight 1 & 2,
Spellbind Studios allows for the contents of Rogue Wizards to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Rogue Wizards is legally & explicitly allowed by Spellbind Studios. This permission can be found in writing at http://roguewizards.com/press-kit/sheet.php?p=rogue_wizards.
Rogue Wizards on store.steampowered.com.
Rogue Wizards on amazon.com.
Rock Paper Shotgun
Preview article by John Walker rockpapershotgun.com.
Rogue Wizards on kickstarter.com.
Best in Play 2015
Game Developers Conference gamasutra.com.
About Spellbind Studios
Spellbind Studios LLC is an independent game studio owned and operated by industry veteran Colin Day and based in San Francisco California.
More information on Spellbind Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Rogue Wizards Credits
Code, Design, Business, Founder of Spellbind Studios